I first saw the idea for this post from my friend Lori over at My Kinda Rain. Since then I’ve read so many other wonderful posts and decided to do the same. So here goes nothing… I’ve gotten inspiration from so many of the wonderful people that are also taking part in this exercise. You really should check out their posts too!
Here’s the deal – Lori put it best, so I’ll just share what she said:
We all know that NO ONE reads those “About” sections on blogs. Seriously who does that? I wanna know! Out yourself now!
Most of the “About” me sections are very generic information. Name. Personal info. How I got started blogging, etc. , but it doesn’t let you really know the author of the blog. I like to get to know people, the real people behind the blog. What makes you tick.
- I’ve changed my major 4 times and attended 3 different schools. I’ve finally settled on a business degree with a focus on Marketing. This one will stick. I have only a handful of classes left and can FINALLY see the light at the end of the tunnel
- The first time I went to college, my GPA was a 0.54 (yep you read it right). This time I have a 3.8
- I’ve been married twice. The first marriage was painful and toxic but I wouldn’t change a thing because without that I wouldn’t have my 2 boys or appreciate my current husband as much.
- I have a tattoo that very few know about (I guess I’ve let the cat out of the bag) and want to get another. It’s going to be a reward when I get to my healthy happy weight. Hubs probably didn’t know that until now
- I can be a horrible friend at times – I have good intentions but months will pass before I remember to reach out to some of my friends.
- I went to high school with my husband, but we ran in different circles so it took MySpace to bring us together. (Hey – MySpace was cool once)
- I’m far happier staying home with a good movie than going out for a night on the town. Luckily my hubby is the same so that works for us.
- I only own 13 pairs of shoes/boots. There are only a few I actually wear with any regularity. I prefer to be barefoot at every possible moment.
- I have no fashion sense. I wear what’s comfortable not what’s in style.
- I love love love experimenting in the kitchen – cooking and baking. I rarely follow recipes so Hubs gets frustrated when I can’t re-create a particularly great meal or make changes to one he liked ‘just the way it is’
- My Youngest is almost exactly like me. Even looks like me. We were looking at old pictures and he swore that my picture at 2 yrs old was him. My Oldest is a perfect combination of me and my ex.
- I have no idea who my biological parents are. Neither does the FBI.
- My mom has never been pregnant or given birth – both of us kids were adopted. She was extremely curious as I went through pregnancy and child birth with my oldest. The novelty wore off with my 2nd.
- I’ve struggled with binge eating my entire life but didn’t know it. Just thought I was weak.
- I’ve been on almost every ‘diet’ out there to control my weight — starting with Nutrisystem at age 14.
- I Love to dance. I watch the movie Center Stage and still pretend that ‘someday’ I’ll become a ballerina. (although, I only took actually dance lessons for 2 years when I was young so I really don’t know what I’m doing)
- I am crafty – I paint, crochet, scrapbook, cross stitch, make hair bows, sew (a little bit), and am a master with a glue gun.
- I’m not looking forward to the day when the boys realize that they are way too cool and way too smart to hang with their mom.
- When my oldest was 2 he dropped the F-bomb at the hospital when a nurse was drawing blood from him. I blamed Nana but know I was (mostly) partly to blame. I curse like a sailor.
- My mom was a coach (volleyball & basketball) so the phrase “Walk it off” is used way too much in my house.
- I too am addicted to the internet – twitter, Facebook, which also means I’m addicted to my iPhone. Luckily Hubs understands.
- It REALLY grates on my nerves when people misuse homonyms – Too/Two/To and Their/There/They’re being the biggest ones. I swear to me it’s like nails on a chalkboard.
- I’d be lost without spell check
- I proudly claim the title of “Meanest Mommy on the block” My boys have enough friends – I’m here to parent. Someday they will thank me for it.
- I have the sense of humor of a jr. high boy. Seriously. And yes, my mind is, 99% of the time always, in the gutter
- My husband does most of the laundry here. I make up for it by working on the cars and other “manly” stuff around the house.
- You can also add me to the list of people who have never read a Twilight book or seen any of the movies.
- I am way too trusting. I like to see the good in everyone and it gets taken advantage of.
- If you read quote marks in my blog or other writings, assume I would actually do air quotes if read it aloud.
- I’ve lived in Texas all my life – except for the 2 years I was in Memphis. I don’t ever want to live anywhere else. I love to travel but Texas will forever be home.
- I still have NO IDEA what I want to do with my life ‘when I grow up’ but I’m confident that the right opportunity will arrive when the timing is right.
Ok, so now it is your turn! Let your readers know more about you and link back here Sorry this was so long – hope you didn’t fall asleep reading it 🙂 I tend to be a bit verbose.
Have a great weekend!